Tropico 4 is a single player Strategy-City Building game in which players again take on the role of El Presidente, the dictator of the island paradise of Tropico. As in previous game releases in the franchise, you must take full control of the island, and in charting its path be and be seen by residents as anything from tyrannical to benevolent. Features include: a new campaign consisting of 20 missions across 10 new maps, 20 new building types, new interactive disasters, national agendas, a trading system, Facebook and Twitter integration and much more.
The New Challenges of El Presidente
The world is changing and Tropico is moving with the times - geographical powers rise and fall and the world market is dominated by new players with new demands and offers, and you, as El Presidente, face a whole new set of challenges. If you are to triumph over your naysayers you will need to gain as much support from your people as possible. Your decisions will shape the future of your nation, and more importantly, the size of your offshore bank account.
Tropico 4 expands on the gameplay of the previous game with new political additions, including more superpowers to negotiate with, and the ability to elect ministers into power to help get your more controversial policies passed. But remember to keep your friends close and your enemies closer as everyone has an agenda. Your political mettle will be thoroughly tested, as new natural disasters will have the populace clamoring for you and your cabinet to help them recover from some of the worst Mother Nature can dish out.
Facebook and Twitter Integration
Tropico 4 also brings a new level of social interaction with the addition of Facebook and Twitter integration (Windows PC version only). Post comments on Twitter direct from the game and have updates go out when you complete missions or unlock new achievements. You can even take screenshots of your burgeoning island and post your dream creation on your Tropico 4 Facebook page and compare your interactive Dictator Ranking on the online leaderboards.
- New campaign consisting of 20 missions on 10 new maps
- 20 new buildings including Stock Exchange, Shopping mall, Aqua Park and a Mausoleum to El Presidente
- Six new interactive disasters including volcanoes, droughts and tornadoes
- Council of Ministers - selected citizens to ministerial posts in the government to help push through your more controversial decisions
- National Agenda - receive objectives from Tropican factions, foreign geopolitical powers or opportunities relating to current island events such as ongoing disasters
- Facebook and Twitter integration (PC-only features)
- Screenshot gallery - take screenshots of your tropical paradise and share on your Facebook page (PC-only feature)
- Trading system - import and export goods to/from other nations to boost your economy or production
Recommended System Requirements:
- OS - Windows 7 / Vista (SP1) / XP (SP3)
- Processor: 2.4 GHz dual core processors
- RAM - 2 GB
- Disc Drive - DVD ROM drive required for installation
- Free Hard Drive Space - At least 5 GB
- Video Card - 512 MB DirectX9c, Shader Model 3.0 (Geforce 8 Series, ATI HD4800)
- Sound Card - DirectX9-compatible
Packaging: DVD STYLE BOX
Operating System: WINDOWS XP/VISTA/WINDOWS 7
Entertainment Software Rating Board: TEEN